1.15.2010

What goes around...


This time I have to draw attention to another designer whose spread in the Vogue Spring/Summer 2010 lookbook was even smaller than that of Tsumori Chisato. I usually glaze over the collections that are at the very end of their section. The quarter-page spread only showcases about 10 looks and has no information about the designer or their inspiration. Luella Bartley's collection, however, caught my eye and, at the risk of being presumptuous, I find her inspiration to be more than apparent.

Luella Bartley's world this season is a veritable 1960s paradise and I think it's simply wonderful. I can't wait to bust out my 6 euro polka dot top and have a go at it myself. And just look at that black dress with the heart cut-out detail...I'm in love. Check out the rest of her collection here -- it's a treasure trove for those who are feeling nostalgic and lighthearted.

No comments: