3.10.2009

...and my Mama's certainly worth takin' out


Posting frenzy!
Okay, but seriously, this song is good too, and this one goes out to the Mama. Again, I unfortunately have to use the same format - damn that Man that everyone seems to be angry at.

Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama


This song reminded me of my mother, obviously because of the title, but just take a look at these lyrics:

Gonna take your mama out all night
Yeah, we'll show her what it's all about
We'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne
We'll let the good times all roll out
And if the music ain't good, well it's just too bad
We're gonna sing along no matter what.

My Mom, bless her little (or big, as it may be) heart, is two things: easy to please (hey, that's a great quality), and always up for a little singing. When I listen to this song I see that lovely lady above cruisin' the town singin' her usual Beatles song she loves so much when she's on cloud 9, 10, or 11.
Can't wait to take my Mama out all night in a couple of weeks. Here's to takin' our mother's out, showin' them what it's all about, and that we're doin' the best we can.

No comments: