3.10.2009

"you shake those hips, blondie!"


As my Dad so aptly phrased it, this song makes me feel like dancin' despite what the title suggests. Since YouTube doesn't have the embedding code, I'm forced to clumsily enlighten you to its charms through a link:

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'


Basically, it's a love song about how he doesn't feel like dancing while he watches his girl break it down on the dance floor without him. How sad! My newly awakened disco soul reaches out to him in sympathy. I know if I was in purple spandex flared pants watching my honey get up and bust out something fresh without my rhythmic input, I'd feel jilted. I, however, do not have that problem and do feel like dancin' - though it may be by myself and in the middle of a piazza.

I'll tell you how it goes.

No comments: